How do chiropractors achieve sports certification?
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) has completed a minimum of 100 hours of post doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics and must pass a Board examination.
How do certified sports chiropractors maintain their credentials?
Upon reaching the CCSP level, the sports chiropractor remains abreast of the latest research and treatment innovations through continuing education and field experience. The American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians (ACBSP) offers an annual seminar to update the doctors on the latest research and techniques.
How do I know the certifications are valid and meaningful?
The CCSP certification program is taught by accredited chiropractic colleges and the examinations are administered by the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. The certification program is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), a national multi-industry organization that ensures certification programs adhere to modern standards of practice for the certification industry, including objective assessment of professional knowledge and competence.
10 Things you should know about certified sports chiropractors
1. Possess specialized knowledge of sports injuries and physical fitness.
2. Are experts in the function of the body during movement, from high-level athletics to everyday activities.
3. Can help optimize athletic performance by applying an advanced understanding of musculoskeletal function and athletic training.
4. Offer individualized care that extends beyond spinal adjustment to include direct treatment of muscles, joints and connective tissue.
5. Focus on totally body wellness and reaching optimal functioning, not just reducing pain.
6. Are immersed in the latest sports medicine research, trends and treatment techniques.
7. Can integrate seamlessly with other healthcare practitioners to optimize your medical care.
8. Are passionate proponents of physical fitness and skilled sports medicine practitioners.
9. Will help you achieve YOUR peak performance with a breadth and depth of knowledge found only with their specific training.
10. Comprise the top tier of the chiropractic profession.
-Faster recovery from injury-get back to play sooner
-Access to a wider range of treatment tools
-Expertise in high-performance athletics and preventive strategies
-Guidance for athletic training
-Sports nutrition consulting
-Sports-specific treatment and preventive exercises
-Ability to integrate treatment with training
And to non-athletes
-Faster evaluations of injury or pain source
-Reduced treatment duration; less visits
-Corrective exercises to prevent injuries
-Holistic approach wellness model
-Take advantage of the latest treatments and methods developed for athletics